Here are some changes in my life from these two years of Greenlake walking:
- regular exercising
- learning about exercise and health
- learning about exercise and dementia prevention
- learning about vitamin D deficiency
- taking pure barre and some other women's fitness classes
- going to church again
- learning more about signs and coincidence
- discussion to follow when I have time to update this page . . .
1. regular exercising
Prior to walking at Greenlake for fun and art appreciation creation, I had not been walking or exercising regularly, except when work caused me to walk. I joined a gym in late 2013 and then another and then another to walk to stay slim.
When I first joined the gym and I was walking on the treadmill, I would overheat after walking 25, 30 or 35 minutes on an incline. Now I alternate walking and running up inclines of varying degrees.
2. exercise and health
Walking produces 60% more creativity as measured by one study.